Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
June 30 2019
This year’s styles call for curly girl hair – big waves, well-defined tight curls, classic twists – they’re all in demand for summer 2019. If you have naturally straight hair and want to join in the fun, today’s perms are the perfect way to get a gorgeous new style, and at the Salon & Spa at Greenbriar, our stylists are well trained in the latest in perm technology.
When many of us talk about perms, we usually think of those frizzy styles of the 80’s and 90’s, with tight, kinky curls teased up as high as they can go with dry, damaged-looking frizz. Happily, those are a thing of the past. Today’s perms are all about conditioning, with new products that protect your hair’s health while giving you soft, defined curls without the frizz.
You can still choose any size curl you want, but you may find that modern techniques are different. In some cases, we still use rods, but for special types of curl, you may find your stylist using rollers, fabric, or another medium to get just the right look. New techniques help stylists give you more defined beach waves or even spiral-shaped coils.
When done by a professional, modern perms are designed to minimize or completely avoid damage to your hair. In the past, we used to worry about over-processing, but in most cases, today’s stylists can give you a perm that leaves your hair in great condition. And specialized shampoos and conditioners from professional salons help you keep that healthy looking, smooth curls for your perm that make today’s curly girl styles so spectacular.
Allow some time for your perm – process times vary by the length and thickness of your hair, so ask your stylist and plan your appointment when you don’t have an important meeting on your schedule. Today’s perms can last up to eight months, depending on the length of your hair and how often you cut it. Perms in shorter hair with frequent trims usually last about three or four months.
Aftercare is easy when you get a perm. Condition often using products your stylist recommends and avoid heat when possible. Air dry or use a diffuser if you’re in a hurry. If you must use heated styling tools, use a heat protectant or keep the setting on low.
Want in on this year’s curly girl styles? Make an appointment today at the Salon & Spa @ Greenbriar. Our professional stylists will help you get the soft, gorgeous curls you’ve always wanted. Call us at 254.939.3700 or visit our salon at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas to book an appointment or talk with our professional stylists about how today’s perms will work for you.
- The Many Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Awesome Gentleman's Facial for Manly Skincare
- Awesome Hair Care Tips to Conquer Winter Frizz
- Love Your Nails with a NexGen Organic Dip
- Rescue Your Hair From DIY Disaster with Corrective Color
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar