The Many Benefits of Prenatal Massage
March 30 2020
Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful and exciting stages of life. No other feeling quite compares to those first little kicks and wiggles. As wonderful as pregnancy is, it does bring with it a list of common discomforts and concerns. Treating uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms can be challenging because many medications and treatments are not safe for pregnant women. Prenatal massage has many benefits and offers safe drug-free relief.
Stress Relief, Hormone Regulation, and Improved Sleep
Recent studies have shown that biweekly massages may decrease levels of stress-related hormones in as little as five weeks. The reduction of these hormones is associated with improved cardiovascular health. It’s also been shown to boost levels of mood-regulating hormones which can help ease symptoms of depression. Insomnia is a very common complaint among pregnant women and the relaxation and hormone regulation massage provided can improve sleep. These hormone level changes also resulted in fewer complications for mother and baby both during and after birth.
Reduced Swelling and Leg Cramps
During pregnancy, your circulatory system is working twice as hard. This can result in fluid and toxins building up in your tissues causing uncomfortable swelling and possibly even leg cramps. Massage helps to release this buildup and boosts circulation so your body can more easily remove the excess fluids and stimulates your lymph system to flush out those toxins.
Drug-Free Pain Relief
Your body goes through many changes during pregnancy. Your weight increases. Your center of gravity shifts and the weight of your growing uterus can compress nerves. This creates muscle tension, and many women experience low back, hip and knee pain later in pregnancy. They may also notice more tension in the neck and shoulders resulting in more headaches. Prenatal massage can relax these muscles and reduce the pain without the worry about the side effect of medications.
As with any treatment or procedure, you should consult their prenatal care provider to be sure that prenatal massage is right for them. Look for a prenatal massage therapist with the knowledge and experience to address the specific needs of expectant mothers.
Our well-trained staff at Spa & Salon @ Greenbriar are here to help you relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Call us today at 254.939.3700 to schedule an appointment, or stop by and see us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas. We also offer the option to book your appointment online.
- The Many Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Awesome Gentleman's Facial for Manly Skincare
- Awesome Hair Care Tips to Conquer Winter Frizz
- Love Your Nails with a NexGen Organic Dip
- Rescue Your Hair From DIY Disaster with Corrective Color
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar