How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
April 30 2019
Spring is here! It’s time to freshen up everything – a new wardrobe, a fun new hairstyle or color, and a new skincare routine to help your skin look fabulous in this season’s gorgeous new makeup shades. We’ve put together a few easy tips to help ease your skincare routine into the new season.
Spring cleaning. While you’re going through your house tossing out the old stuff, don’t forget your makeup cabinet. Always get fresh, new products as the season changes, since old, used bottles and jars of skincare products might grow bacteria and other pollutants that you won’t want on your skin. Since skincare technology changes, this also gives you the opportunity to try new products that weren’t available last year.
Lighten the load. Those heavy creams you needed in winter can go by the wayside. In spring and summer, we need lighter lotions, gels, and mists. The heavier stuff is great for the winter, but in the warmer months it adds a thickening layer that might make you sweat more.
Exfoliate. Exfoliating is an important step in your spring skincare routine. It cleans out dead skin cells, dirt, and other pollutants that can make your skin look dull. Regular exfoliating – about two or three times per week – helps brighten your complexion for a healthy glow.
Moisturize. Moisturizing is crucial, even if you have oily skin. For spring, choose a light lotion formulated for your skin type to keep things soft and smooth. Without the right moisture level underneath, your makeup will look cracked and dry instead of soft and natural. Don’t forget the importance of hydrating from the inside, especially when the weather gets warm. Aim for about eight eight-ounce glasses of water each day – staying well hydrated helps your skin look great.
Protect. You need sunscreen all year, but as the sun shows itself more in the spring, it’s time to step up your game to fight off premature aging that can make skin look dry and develop wrinkles. Choose a broad-spectrum product with UVA and UVB protection, either as a separate product or included in your moisturizer or makeup.
Now that your skin looks great, bring your look to the next level with a professional makeup application at the Spa & Salon @ Greenbriar. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just for fun, our professional makeup artists will give you a camera-ready look that’s fabulous. You can call us at 254.939.3700 or visit us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas to make your appointment or chat with our professional estheticians about your individual needs.
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar