Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
May 30 2019
If you have fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone or texture, mild scars, or other visible skin issues, micro-needling may be the solution for you.
Micro-needling is a process that uses tiny pinpricks to stimulate collagen production in your skin. Collagen is a protein, the building block of your skin cells that helps make your skin strong. As we age, collagen production slows. Without new skin cells to fill in gaps, tiny lines and wrinkles begin to form, or scars don’t heal completely.
Micro-needling uses your skin’s own regenerative processes to make it work like young skin again. In fact, it works so well at producing new collagen that it’s also called a collagen induction treatment.
Your esthetician will use a special tool with micro-fine needles that makes tiny punctures on your skin. This sends a signal to your skin to heal itself – and your skin produces collagen and new skin cells to fill in the gaps.
This means that wrinkles and lines fade and look less noticeable. Differences in skin tone disappear, since new cells replace those affected by pigmentation. Old injuries that didn’t heal well from old acne or cuts are also less noticeable because your skin fills in those uneven areas with new cells.
With an even skin tone, fewer lines and wrinkles, and less scarring, skin treated with micro-needling looks brighter and more radiant. Your skin can be healthier because nourishing serums and other products with vitamins and antioxidants can penetrate deeper to work more efficiently.
Most micro-needling procedures take about 30 minutes. This may vary based on your individual needs and the type of skin issues you’re treating. You’ll see visible improvements within 48 hours of treatment, and most people need multiple treatments for optimal results, and you may need maintenance treatments after about six months to a year.
There’s no significant downtime after a micro-needling treatment, but there may be redness, and your esthetician will advise you about proper aftercare to ensure your treatment is effective.
To try micro-needling for yourself, make an appointment at the Spa & Salon @ Greenbriar. Our professional estheticians will assess your individual needs to determine whether micro-needling is the best treatment for you. Call us at 254.939.3700 or visit us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas to book an appointment or talk with our professional estheticians about your skincare needs.
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar