Awesome Hair Care Tips to Conquer Winter Frizz
February 28 2020
Winter poses some unique challenges for your hair. First, there is the dry heat inside that robs your strands of moisture. Then, there are the cold winds outside that dry them out further. Dry hair soon becomes brittle and prone to breakage. Now, we put on a hat or scarf to keep warm which causes friction that brings about broken hair with split ends, static, and frizzy flyaways. If you’re already at this point you need to schedule a trip to the salon for a haircut or trim and then follow these tips to keep that winter frizz at bay.
Schedule Trims Regularly
In order to keep your hair strong and healthy-looking, you need to have a trim scheduled every 6 to 8 weeks. This will not only keep your hairstyle neat and tidy, but it will also remove any damaged or split ends before they have a chance to create even more trouble. The results will be smoother, healthier-looking hair and reduced breakage. If you’re growing your hair out, you may find that it seems to grow faster when trimmed more often. This is because you aren’t losing length to breakage, so if you don’t trim too much you will gain length faster.
Dry hair is dull, brittle, and prone to frizz. If your hair is already completely parched, you may want to visit the salon for a special deep conditioning treatment to quickly replenish the moisture. Afterward, weekly deep conditioning treatments will infuse your hair with much-needed moisture and nutrients for healthy shiny strands. Ask your stylist to recommend a product for your hair type that will condition without weighing your hair down. You may also want to consider investing in a humidifier to hydrate the air in your environment so that it can’t strip moisture from your hair.
Turn Down the Heat
The higher the heat, the drier the air. The drier the air, the drier your hair. Turning down the thermostat a few degrees can really make a big difference. The same is true with your water temperature. Very hot water strips your hair of its natural oils, and it also leaves your cuticle open which allows moisture to easily escape. Rinsing your hair with cool water after conditioning will close the cuticle and lock in moisture. You should also avoid heat styling which can dehydrate your lovely locks. If you must heat style, first apply a high-quality thermal protectant to minimize moisture loss.
Our talented stylists at Spa & Salon @ Greenbriar are here to help you conquer winter frizz, once and for all. Call us today at 254.939.3700 to schedule an appointment, or stop by and see us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas. For your convenience, you can also book your appointment online.
- The Many Benefits of Prenatal Massage
- Awesome Gentleman's Facial for Manly Skincare
- Awesome Hair Care Tips to Conquer Winter Frizz
- Love Your Nails with a NexGen Organic Dip
- Rescue Your Hair From DIY Disaster with Corrective Color
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar