Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
December 27 2019
When someone mentions a keratin treatment your first thoughts may be of summer and humidity. After all, a keratin treatment does calm the frizz associated with those sweltering summer days, but there are many benefits to keratin treatments in winter as well.
What Is Keratin and What Does It Do?
Keratin is a natural protein found in your hair, skin, and nails. On the inside keratin helps strengthen your hair. On the outside, it forms a protective layer to guard against damage and creates a smooth surface. Heat styling, sun exposure, chemical processing, and environmental stresses damage this natural protective layer leaving your hair susceptible to even further damage.
How Does a Keratin Treatment Work?
A keratin treatment uses high concentrations of this natural protein to penetrate the hair shaft, giving strength to your strands on the inside. The keratin bonds with and seals the cuticle on the outside to repair and protect against future damage. This leaves your hair with a smooth and healthy shine.
What Are the Benefits?
Winter air is dry and robs hair of needed moisture. A keratin treatment seals the hair to lock in moisture and prevent frizz and flyaways as well as prevent static. No more hair sticking to your face or standing on end when you pull your hat off. Your hair’s new smoother surface will dry faster, and you won’t have to spend hours in front of the mirror with a flat iron and shine spray which will save you both time and money. And you won’t have to worry about the weather ruining your day by making your hair frizz.
Schedule your keratin treatment today at Spa & Salon @ Greenbriar and say goodbye to dull winter hair, and banish those flyaways and frizz. Call us at 254.939.3700, book online, or visit us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas
- Love Your Nails with a NexGen Organic Dip
- Rescue Your Hair From DIY Disaster with Corrective Color
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar