Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
November 14 2019
For the body, aging isn’t an easy or painless process. There are procedures to help reduce the appearance of a person's age. One of which happens to be micro-needling. This minimally invasive procedure is used to reduce and possibly even eliminate various scars, wrinkles, and large pores. The effect leads to healthier skin and a younger appearance.
What is Micro-needling?’
Micro-needling is a small procedure that aestheticians perform on an individual who is wanting to remove some effects of the aging process. The procedure is done with small needles that will be used to prick the skin. It helps to regenerate the skin as it creates new skin and collagen that give the recipient a healthy glow.
This process can take up to an hour but may need several sessions in order to give the desired results. Your Salon and Spa & Greenbriar aesthetician can give you recommendations as to how many sessions will work the best work with your skin type. While the process may seem tedious, it’s worth it! The results are undeniable and will be beneficial to the health of your skin.
How Does it Work?
When the skin ages, it reduces the amount of collagen that is produced within the body. The small pricks from the needles trigger a damage response from the body to replace that tissue. When the tissue is replaced, the body must produce more collagen in order to replace the skin cells that were damaged. This creates a new, small layer of skin that is extremely healthy and restored. The new skin is even in tone and texture, reducing discoloration and wrinkles.
What to Expect After the Procedure
After the procedure is complete, there may be a small recovery period. However, since the procedure is non-invasive, there typically isn’t any downtime needed at all. Your aesthetician won’t let you leave without making sure you know what to do to help your recovery time.
There may be minimal irritation for a couple of days following, but will quickly fade after that. Your skin may become more sensitive to sunlight, so sunscreen is a must, but sunscreen is beneficial for healthy skin on any sunny day. You will see results right away, and if your aesthetician recommends multiple visits, you will see better results after each session.
If you’re looking to battle old age or just need a touch-up, call The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar. Our professional technicians are ready to work with you to create the look you want with many options to choose from for any of your beauty needs. Give us a call at 254.939.3700 to set up an appointment, or visit us in person at 217 East Central Ave. in Belton, Texas. We hope to see you there!
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar