Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
July 15 2019
Is your summer makeup melting away? Not to worry. There are a few things you can do to help beat the heat and keep everything in its place, and today, we’ll talk about the top six tips from the pros for keeping your makeup looking great all summer long.
Primer. If you start with the right base, everything will fall into place. For makeup, that means a light layer of oil-free primer. Although it seems like an extra step, it’s one of the most important way to keep makeup from running when things get hot.
Tinted moisturizer. A layer of foundation looks great when first applied, but it probably won’t hold up to the heat. Try a tinted moisturizer instead to get light coverage and moisturizing in one step. Even better, look for a three-in-one that also has sunscreen, something you don’t want to be without when the sun’s heat beats down.
Bronzer. Speaking of sun, we all want the warm glow of a tan, but basking in the hot sun means damaging your skin. Get a warm, gorgeous glow with a good bronzer brushed lightly on your forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks. The most natural-looking bronzers are those with multiple colors that blend together as you brush over them.
Hold the powder. Powder shadows and blushes look great – until you sweat. Powder plus sweat equals caking, which never looks good. Instead, go with gels, stains, and liquids, and use eye primer before you apply shadow to keep it looking great all day.
Go waterproof. While waterproof mascara is common, today there are lots of different makeup products on the market that are waterproof, including blushes and eye makeup. Look for waterproof versions of your favorite colors for fun in the sun.
Lighten up. Finally, while heavier creams, foundations, and powders look great in the cooler months, keep things light in the summer with the less-is-more look. Sheer colors and light coverage look perfect in the warm summer months.
Have a special occasion this summer like a photo session or wedding? Make an appointment today at the Salon & Spa @ Greenbriar, and our professional makeup artists will have you camera-ready for your special day. You can call us at 254.939.3700 or visit us at 217 East Central Ave in Belton, Texas to book your appointment, or try our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Teen Facials- Help your Teen Love the Skin They Are In
- Benefits of Keratin Treatment for Winter
- Giving the Gift of Gift Cards for the Holidays
- Combat Dry Winter Skin With A Manicure
- Micro-needling for Glowing Skin
- Encourage Healthy Skin with Regular Facials
- The Many Health Benefits of Professional Spa Pedicures
- Connect with the Salon & Spa and Greenbriar on Our Free Mobile App
- What is Microdermabrasion?
- Fun Hair Color Trends for Fall 2019
- Enjoy a Massage for Relaxation and Health Benefits
- Skip the Mascara Hassle with Lash Enhancements
- Six Tips for Flawless Summer Makeup
- Today’s Perms – Get Soft, Defined Curl Without the Frizz
- Get Beautiful, Healthy Skin All Over with Body Treatments
- Smooth and Brighten Your Skin with Micro-Needling
- Get a Smooth Look for Summer with Bikini Waxing
- How to Update Your Skincare Routine for Spring
- Get Amazing Results from Customized Skin Peels
- Five Important Benefits of Professional Spa Facials
- Discover the Magic of Aveda Plant-Powered Alternatives
- Don’t Skip the Conditioner for Healthy Hair
- Manicures for the Health of your Skin & Nails
- Keratin Treatments for the Health of Your Hair
- Pamper Yourself with a Massage from The Salon & Spa at Greenbriar